If you’ve visited my Book Club page, you’ll see a growing number of titles in various categories. So the secret’s out—I’m a bit of a bookworm.
I love to read for business, but I also love to read for pleasure. And when a book comes along that can impact my business AND me personally, I consider it a rare gift!
Reading is fun, educational, uplifting, and motivational, and when a book changes your way of life, it’s worth sharing!
Boundary Boss: The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen, and (Finally) Live Free
by Terri Cole MSW, LCSW
My friends and I recently read this book—and the discussions we had throughout were mind-blowing.
It helped us to realize our own issues with setting boundaries at WORK and in our personal lives.
More importantly, it helped us really rethink how we were raising our kids.
Some people aren’t into self-help books—I get it. But let me ask you this…
- Have you ever found yourself saying yes to “extra” work that may not be in your job description?
- Felt pressured to agree to take a case that you didn’t have time for?
- Agreed to help a family member with something that you didn’t want to do?
- Answered a “personal” question that you would have preferred not to?
I know I have.
It’s happening a lot right now, as I go through cancer treatment. People think nothing of asking me what kind of surgery I’ll be needing.
To me, that’s personal. I don’t think anyone needs to know if I’m losing a lump, one boob, or two.
Why do they care?
(I can’t help but think they’re picturing me naked! Eeeek)
Since Boundary Boss, I’ve learned to put my “big girl” pants on and set boundaries with what I will and won’t do, and what I will and won’t tell people.
It’s hard to get used to but it FEELS SO GOOD.
Boundary Boss is just one of the many books I’ve recommended in my Book Club page. I hope you’ll check it out and PLEASE let me know if you have any favorite books that I can share with my readers.
Books can provide us with life lessons as well as an escape from a tough day…
Everyone would benefit from reading this book.
We are caretakers. We are helpers. We overextend ourselves. We weren’t really taught to set clear boundaries, protect our relationships and home life, and feed our souls.
Well, those days are over. Terri Cole teaches us:
- How to recognize when your boundaries have been violated and what to do next
- How your unique “Boundary Blueprint” is unconsciously driving your boundary behaviors, and strategies to redesign it
- Powerful boundary scripts so in the moment you will know what to say
- How to manage “Boundary Destroyers”―including emotional manipulators, narcissists, and other toxic personalities
- Where you fall on the spectrum of codependency and how to create healthy, balanced relationships
Setting boundaries can change your life!
Will You Benefit from Reading Boundary Boss?
“This book is for women who are exhausted from over-giving, overdoing, and even over-feeling. If you’re getting it all done but at the expense of yourself, give yourself the gift of Boundary Boss.”