Enter to win your very own Relax Pack!
RULES: Participants must visit and “like” the MissJaimeOT Facebook page AND the Relax Pack Facebook page. Then just enter your name in the giveaway. The contest ends on August 5th, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST. Participants must live within the United States. No purchase is necessary.
Transitions can be a huge challenge for children. Children who struggle with transitions from can present with different behaviors:
- refusal to attend or participate
- refusal to get on/off the school bus
- overwhelm with new people
- anxiety to try new things
One tool that I find myself recommending to parents is the Relax Pack. The Relax Pack is a regular functional backpack with a genius twist – It’s outfitted with different sensory tools to help provide calming input to children during transition times.
Here are some of the unique sensory features of the Relax Pack:
• The Hug Belt: A built-in neoprene compression belt that provides soothing deep pressure
• Fidget Strips: Interchangeable and removable sensory strips to fidget with
• D-rings for Chewies: Attach chewies to RelaxPack and never lose them again
Other functional features include:
• A headphone port
• Protective built-in tablet and phone sleeves
• Mesh pockets for water bottles and to store fidgets
• Clip to hold keys
• Built-in pouches and pockets to keep organized
RelaxPack was created by Aparna Guttery MA, OTR/L, a pediatric occupational therapist specialized in treating children with sensory processing disorders and special needs. I had the opportunity to meet her at the American Occupational Therapy Conference a few years ago.
Aparna recognized that there were no products on the market that combined functionality, convenient access, and effective calming support. Taking the utility of a backpack that children use daily and combining it with calming and soothing features, was how RelaxPack came to life!
Aparna’s designed the Relax Pack to help make everyday life smoother for children and their families.
The Relax Pack was created to support children with:
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Sensory Processing Disorder
• Emotional Disturbance
…And all children in need of extra comfort
You can check out the RelaxPack for yourself here.